How Can I Get Food?

To get food at the pantry. Come in when the pantry is open and fill out an intake sheet and be prepared to show a photo i.d., a utility bill with your address (showing that you live in one of the towns the pantry services) and documentation of current services that you receive (such as fuel assistance or food stamps) or proof of income.

Which towns does the pantry serve?

Wakefield, Brookfield, Effingham, Middleton, Milton and Newfield, ME

Do I qualify for receiving food? Does my family qualify?

To qualify for food, you need to provide documentation of service or income. If you aren’t sure, come in and one of our volunteers will assist you.

How do I help my friend/relative/neighbor to get food they need?

To help others receive food, you could direct them to our website or Facebook page, offer to drive them to the pantry and be a support to them.

Do you offer food for emergencies?

Yes, we can provide food for an emergency.

I don’t usually need help, but if I need some food to help me through the week/month?

Frequently our recipients come in only when they need food. It could be once a week or once a month.

Where are you located?

We are conveniently located at:
1500 Wakefield Road
Wakefield, New Hampshire  03872

What are your hours of operation?

Hours of Operation: 10-1 and 5-7 on Wednesdays

What kind of food do you have?

We provide three days’ worth of food according to the size of your family. You choose what you want from our selection of frozen meat, produce, dry goods bread and pastries and canned goods. We distribute diapers as needed. We give out toiletries and cleaning supplies on the third week of every other month.

Is the pantry open even in bad weather? How will I know?

The pantry’s policies are to close when the Paul School Elementary closes and to reopen the next day if possible. This is posted on the WMUR website. And it will be posted on the Pantry Facebook page.

My family needs more than just food, is there additional help available?

You can call the welfare officer in the town hall to ask about additional help, 522-6970 x310 to reach someone who is familiar with other services.